Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Skirting the Law

colbertnation.com

The video I watched was titled "Legal Upskirting in Massachusetts". In the video, Colbert discussed how Michael Robertson found a loophole in the state "peeping tom" law, which allowed for pictures to be taken up a person's skirt without their knowledge. The loophole was created because the law says that it is only a crime if the person is naked. His lawyer argued this, and he was found not to be a peeping tom.

This shows the ways that we need to be more secure in writing our laws, and in considering the times when doing so. This relates to writing laws and the court system.

I believe that this is idiotic, and they should quickly amend that law to include upskirting.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that this "loop hole" is a serious mistake on the state's part. If it is not dealt with soon it could potentially lead to dangerous consequences. I think it is great that Stephen Colbert is bringing attention to this issue and I hope that his segment leads to better writing/interpretations of laws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Hopefully this law can be amended quickly.

    ReplyDelete